Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Going Back to Work & Starting College with a Toddler!

Recently I have started college again & I also have acquired a part time job. I don't want to work, but for right now, it is what is needed. My son is doing great with me working & taking classes. I was really worried about being away from him, after all, I spent 15 months hardly away from his side! I think it might be harder for me than him, since he gets lots of Granny, Auntie, Daddy, and Grandpa time now. He enjoys it I think. I am secretly glad that he is ALWAYS ready for MOMMY time when I get home. He really is a mommy's boy and I am not ashamed to say I covet that! Working is hard, I got so used to being a SAHM (stay at home mom) that returning to work takes a toll on me mentally. I feel like I have two jobs now! I have my full time mommy job and then my part time waitress job. Ironically both jobs involve taking care of people. Gosh. I can't complain too much though, the wages I am making are helping us out and I know this is the right decision for right now. I am also excited for continuing my education and I SHOULD be an RN in about 3 1/2 years...FINGERS CROSSED! That will be GREAT also, since that is a good paying job for where I am. Its all for my family! You have to make sacrifices for your family and I am glad I was able to stay home for the first year of my son's life and then some. I never missed out on anything and I am very thankful for that. I saw every milestone <3

No comments:

Post a Comment